Full Moon Farm in Hinesburg, VT is seeking a detail oriented, math-head, who loves showcasing and feeding healthy, organic food to folks in our community.
THe MArket/ CSA Manager is responsibble for Part-Time 15 -20 hrs/wk February - April
Full Time (35 - 45 hrs/wk) May - end of October
- Assist Farm Manager with CSA member and wholesale communications (primarily newsletters and social media)
- Assist Farm Manager to source high quality local products for our CSA, place orders with vendors, and coordinate delivery and storage logistics.
- Manage product inventory and storage spaces for crop quality and efficient work flow.
- Assist Farm Manager with CSA delivery builder- assess field crop availability, track product inventory, and build our custom packed CSA boxes with a diverse selection of products.
- Organize CSA and wholesale pick lists for accurate and efficient harvests.
- Coordinate with Willing Hands to orient gleaning team to field crops for gleaning.
- Occasionally participate in additional aspects of food production including planting, weeding, mulching, pruning, trellising, harvesting, washing produce, and packing CSA boxes.
- Be an active member of a small team to take on projects, solve problems, and work together.
- Assist in the farm kitchen making sauerkraut and other value-added products in the fall.
The right candidate for this position will:
- be detail oriented and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- have 2+ years prior project, account, or office management experience - we'd love for that experience to be on a farm or professional kitchen but we're open to various backgrounds!
- Be open to a minimum 2-year commitment (preferred)
We're looking forward to getting to know you and sharing our love of food and farming :)