Since 2012, Free Verse Farm has grown medicinal, culinary, and tea herbs to use as the main ingredients in our growing line of herbal tea blends, culinary offerings, and herbal remedies and body care products. We cultivate approximately 2 acres of herbs, and wildharvest from our open meadows, pastures, and woods.
Field crew positions at Free Verse Farm provide the opportunity to experience first-hand what it takes to work on a small herb farm. The work will be mostly in the field, focused on the cultivation of herbs, with employees spending the majority of their time planting, weeding, and harvesting crops, as well as drying and processing herbs.
We are a growing business and there is an opportunity for long-term employment and growth for the right candidates! In addition to Field Assistants, we may also be hiring a Field Manager for the season with a correspondingly higher wage, hours, and responsibilities.
The ideal field crew member:
● Is a hard worker, someone who enjoys manual labor
● Is flexible, patient, and detail-oriented
● Is comfortable working alone, as well as in a group
● Has a positive attitude and a team mentality
● Has a dedicated interest in farming and herbs
● Has previous farming experience (not required, but strongly recommended)
● Wages start at $14/hour. Higher wages are dependent upon position and experience level.
● The season runs from approximately May through October. Field crew members are expected to commit for the full season. Depending upon our need, there may be the opportunity to begin the season earlier in the year, and/or continue farm work with us into November and December.
● Field Assistants also often work at our brick-and-mortar Farm Shop in downtown Chelsea, VT
Learn more & apply: https://www.freeversefarm.com/field-crew.html