Marketing is the activity by which farmers identify, cultivate relationships with, and retain customers for their products. While not always thought of in the same light as starting seeds or feeding livestock, marketing efforts are just as crucial to the success of your farm business. NOFA-VT can support farmers with their marketing efforts by:
- Developing an overall marketing strategy to determine markets and target customers
- Using cost of production analysis to build the right margin into your prices
- Determining what mix of sales channels (farm stand, wholesale, farmers market, etc...) are right for your business goals
- Website building, including integrating e-commerce into your website
- Developing a brand strategy and logo design that evokes your farm's personality and catches a customer's eye
- Learning ways to best tell your farm’s story and integrate that messaging into your overall marketing plan.
- Planning for directly reaching customers across the whole spectrum of available media (email, social media, print, etc)
These are just a small selection of the paths that farmers can take to achieve their marketing goals; we’re always interested in hearing from farmers and developing a plan for technical assistance based on their specific needs.