Cedar Circle Farm & Education Center in East Thetford, VT is looking for a responsible Administrative Coordinator to provide direct support to our Executive Director in general organizational administrative activities, and assist in daily office needs. This is an exciting full time, year round opportunity for a hard-working team player looking to make an impact in a community-minded organization.
The Administrative Coordinator (AC) is responsible for executive support and administrative office coordination. The AC works directly with the Executive Director in the planning, execution, and communication of their responsibilities and often handles confidential cost / expense or business related information with professionalism and integrity.
- Assist Executive Director in communication with program partners, insurance providers, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining and developing hiring systems and employee benefit offerings
- Assist Outreach and Engagement Coordinator and Sales Manager with CSA communication and administration
- Assist with large and small events in collaboration with department managers as appropriate
- Answer phones, check and respond to general farm email and voicemail
- Administrative tasks and general office upkeep
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Maintain and refine office organization system
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external communications
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant or Office Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular) and Google Suite/Workspace
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Passion for local, organic food & farming
- Easy going, flexible in thinking
Cedar Circle Farm is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Start date: Immediately
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume through the employment application on our website. https://cedarcirclefarm.org/about/employment/2022application