Common Roots is hiring two part-time Farm to School Educators for this 22/23 school year. Our Farm to School program reaches three South Burlington Elementary Schools, where all students in grades K-5 receive a 40 minute lesson every month. Lessons include nutrition, cultural/historical context, movement, culinary demos, and taste tests.
Common Roots Farm to School Educator (part-time)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Deliver F2S lessons to grades K-5 at three South Burlington Elementary Schools
- Transport materials to and from schools using personal vehicle
- Assist with monthly lesson and recipe planning
- Supervise and mentor college interns
- Coordinate logistics with Program Director and assist with various F2S related logistics
- Previous pedagogical experience
- Experience working with students in Grades K-5
- Willingness to complete background check (required to work in the schools)
- Reliable vehicle (required to transport materials from school to school)
- Knowledge of local, seasonal foods and nutrition preferred
Part-time position with 2 days of teaching (Tues - Fri) and additional logistical hours as needed. Wage: $16-$20 per hour, depending on experience.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to [email protected]