Full and Part-Time, Seasonal (Anticipated length of position: December – April 2024)
Weekends and Evenings
Wage scale 6: Starting pay $17, plus $250 sign-on bonus.
High Mowing Organic Seeds is a leader in the organic seed, farming, and food community. We value our unique opportunity to meet the growing demand for professional-quality organic seeds.
Do you want to be part of a fun-loving group with diverse interests, brought together by our common love of growing, on any scale, all while appreciating the importance of sustainable agriculture? Then consider applying to join HMOS Operations by packing, picking, or shipping seed and related products.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual with good communication skills and a team player mindset. Candidates will need to be comfortable lifting up to 50 pounds frequently, be on their feet most of the day, use handheld scanners and measurement tools, and perform fine motor tasks efficiently and precisely. Evening and weekend availability is a must.
We are offering
- Develop competency in pulling, packing and shipping customer orders using a handheld scanner.
- Stock shelves, keep work areas organized and clean.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of trucks/shipments as directed.
- Support department activities, including but not limited to setting up shelving, assembling carts and stock ladders, rearranging equipment and workstations as needed, culling pallets, etc.
- Participate in the Fulfillment Zone Sanitation Plan protocols, including but not limited to vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, and taking out the trash and recycling.
- Assist in re-labeling inventory with new germination information as needed.
- Assist in data-entry projects as needed.
- Assist in seasonal and ongoing departmental projects, such as but not limited to sorting through returned retail seed packets and grouping them by crop type, building Donation Packets, building Seed Rack displays, breaking down stock boxes, etc.
- Develop competency in pulling, packing, and bundling seed using a variety of machines and tools.
- Retrieve and return seed from bulkroom.
- Follow specific written instructions and packing protocols to fill seed into packets.
- Compute weight conversions.
- Use a variety of tools, such as calculators, scales, stopwatches, bag sewers, seed packing machinery, etc.
- Communicate issues or concerns with crew leads for efficient resolution.
- Clean work station after each completing each work order.
- Restock supplies as directed.
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for most or all of your work shift.
- Must be able to perform fine motor tasks efficiently and precisely.
- Must pay attention to detail and perform detailed tasks.
- Must be able to display basic computer skills.
- Must maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be able to accept constructive input from department manager and co-workers and make honest attempts at improving performance and competencies.
To Apply: If you are interested in joining our team of fun-loving individuals brought together by our love of sustainable agriculture, please come to our job fair. You will be able to tour the campus, meet potential coworkers, and interview on the spot. The fair will be held on our Wolcott campus at 76 Quarry Road on Thursday, December 7th from 4-6pm. If you can't make the fair but are interested in joining our team, please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please put the job title (Fulfillment Team Member or Packing Team Member) in the subject line. No phone calls please. We look forward to meeting you!