The Journey Farmer Program is a year-long program for farmers who are in the first few years of running their own farm business in Vermont. The program is largely shaped by the farming interests and goals of the Journey Farmers, and enables new farmers to advance their farming skills and experiences while being a part of a cohort learning community of other beginning farmers and farmer mentors.
This program is built to be a “next-step” for graduates of the NOFA-VT Farm Beginnings program. Other beginning farmers with similar skills and experience are also encouraged to apply. The program is built for participants who are actively farming and selling products, and have a foundation of basic farm financials and record keeping. See more information on qualifications below.
Applications are closed for the 2022/23 cohort. Please contact Aaron at 802-434-7180 or [email protected] with any questions. Thank you to all who applied!
- Define goals for your farm business through the next five years
- Refine business and financial planning documents
- Further develop marketing plans and implementation strategies
- Identify next steps to meet your farm goals
- Build relationships with a cohort of beginnings farmers at similar stages of business development